The Pragmatic WebWebsites can be complex, confusing, overwhelming, or simply unusable.
A pragmatic website will have the following bare essentials:
- Keeps the need of the users in mind, rather than just look at the information available.
- Gives intiutive suggestions to user, so the interaction is a learning experience
- Is Predictable and Consistent, so similar actions behave similarly throughout the site
- Gives the user some easy paths to navigate, and option to explore complex features
- UI Looks robust and clean. Simple colors, but various sections are well separated by tabs, tables, colors
- Bread Crumbs indicate where the user is, and what the page is displaying
- Search is simple, and results are customized based on needs of the users
- Menus are divided based on usage of site, so overall options for users are manageable